The Summer Academy Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support for the Director of Summer Academy. He/she maintains a strong knowledge of Summer Academy policies and procedures in an effort to ensure a high quality educational experience for all students. Oversees and/or participates in the completion of projects and events leading up, during and after the Summer Academy session. Applications are Due by December 31st.
- Establish and maintain organized and efficient staff and student files for Summer Academy
- Review and prepare the Summer Academy brochure for print
- Review website information and course descriptions
- Respond to Summer Academy emails and phone calls
- Assist on the lead up and opening of Summer Academy Registration
- Assist with financial aid distribution and tuition collection
- Contact families on the registration waiting list
- Distribute carpool information to families
- Complete Summer Academy contracts, background checks, payroll, voucher requests, field trip and guest speaker payments and other bills as needed
- Provide a health list to the registered nurse
- Assist with T-shirt distribution
- Assist with staff meeting prep
- Assist with Summer Academy Move-in/Move-out
- Assist with answering phone calls and taking attendance during Summer Academy
- Perform other duties as assigned from the Summer Academy Director
- Demonstrate high integrity
- Pleasant, courteous and professional customer service skills
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative fashion
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and record keeping
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion
- Working knowledge of Google Apps and Microsoft Office software
- Prior experience working with Summer Academy
- The Administrative Assistant is a 10 month paid consultant to Summer Academy. Starting salary is $7500.
- The administrative assistant will be provided with the technology and tools determined necessary to be successful.
- Application is due December 31st
- Interviews will take place on January 7th
Summer Academy is 3 Week, 1/2 Day Summer Education Program that has been meeting the needs of high-potential students since 1978. Through a partnership of 12 area school districts, the 2018 Session of Summer Academy will be held at Columbia Heights High School and Highland Elementary School.
Summer Academy Vision:
Our vision is to provide dynamic, relevant programming for diverse gifted learners through a committed partnership of school distApply Now