- Summer Academy contracts a Registered Nurse(RN)/ Licensed School Nurse who is on site for the entirety of the Academy.
- Students who require medication or medical management during the Academy day should expect to receive care in the health office on site. To ensure the safety of all students, all medications must be provided from home and kept in the health office with a completed Dispensation of Medication form on file with the nurse.
- Families can expect to drop off paperwork, medication, and medical supplies in the health office with the nurse during the Preview (Sunday prior to Academy) or on the first day of camp starting at 7:30 am.
- Student medical conditions are disclosed to the student’s Academy teacher as need to know information. Emergency medications are sent from the health office in the care of classroom teachers on all field trips and teachers are provided a brief video training from the Nurse on how to administer student specific emergency medications.
- Please reach out to the Summer Academy nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org with further questions.
What is the Sunday preview?
Sunday preview will be on Sunday, June 11th from 1:00-3:00 p.m. Both buildings of Summer Academy will be open for preview on a very informal basis for those who are interested in seeing the buildings. As in the past, this is informal and optional. Teachers will not be present and rooms will not be open. While the event is optional, we highly recommend attending as families and students have found this helpful to become more familiar with the campus before the first regular day of classes.
I am a teacher interested in working at Summer Academy
Summer Academy is always looking for teachers with a passion for talented and gifted students. If you are interested in developing a class and teaching at Summer Academy, an Online Application should be completed by February 6, 2023. Interviews will take place in between February 7th – February 10th. If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com or call 651-895-7337.
What if I would like to contact my child’s teacher?
If you would like to contact your child’s teacher, please contact the Summer Academy office at 651-895-7337 or send a note with your child. You can expect to hear back from your child’s teacher within 1 business day.
I would like to chaperone for a field trip
Please contact your child’s teacher if you are interested in chaperoning your child’s field trip.
I have a child with special medical concerns
Please send any medical notifications and a completed SA Dispensation of Medication form (if necessary) to our Summer Academy office.
Mail: 2515 White Bear Ave. Ste, A8-272, Maplewood, MN 55109 Fax: 651-560-7922
We will pass these along to our registered nurse that will be on campus for the entirety of the Academy.
How can I get carpool information?
Sign up to receive a carpool listing by checking the carpool option on the application. By May 6th, the names of those students who wish to become part of car pools will be provided. This list will include names, addresses, and phone numbers of those students who live within the same school district. If you wish to participate, you will need to make your own contacts to form car pools.
What time do I pick up my child on extended days?
Students will be dismissed at 2:30 on extended days. Updates are given on our Instagram and Twitter pages
What if I need to change transportation plans?
If you need to change transportation plans, contact the Summer Academy office at 651-895-7337. The staff will notify your child and their teacher of the change of plans.
I would like to get a receipt for tax purposes
After a payment has been made, a receipt will be emailed to the address on file. The receipts can also be found with your “My Account” page. These receipts have been used to claim pretax money sequestered at your work, matching money from your employer, or deductions. If you have papers that must have the Summer Academy director’s signature, please email the director at firstname.lastname@example.org